Visiting care enables your loved one to live a full and independent life in the comfort of their own home.
What is Visiting Care?
Whether you are seeking home care visits a couple of hours a week or something more regular, your journey with our Harrington team will be built and tailored around your individual needs. Your life, your choice, your way.
What does Harrington Homecare’s Visiting Care include?
Visiting care is tailored to your individual needs and can include the following:
- A Care Delivery team whom you can trust to provide expert support, to enable your loved one to lead a full and enriched life in the comfort and familiarity of their own home.
- Support with personal care, such as bathing, foot care, oral care, and undressing / dressing
- Continence, Catheter and Stoma care
- Management of all mobility issues
- Assistance with household and light domestic tasks
- Preparation of nutritious and well-balanced meals and fluids
- Support where required with feeding
- Transport and accompaniment to medical appointments
- Support with accessing the local community for shopping, outings and attendance of social groups or places of worship
- Support and management of client medication
- Heartfelt companionship
- Pet care
- Access to our Friends and Family app to enable transparency of our care
- Peace of mind knowing that
- Harrington Homecare will put your loved one at the heart of everything we do
Visiting Care Plan
Our care plans capture what the person would like to achieve with their care and support. They include goals and aspirations for the future, as well as interests such as likes and dislikes and preferred routines.
It also includes helpful information on how to support and involve the person in the decision-making process. In the instance a person lacks capacity to express choices, we ensure families and other loved ones who are interested in their welfare have been consulted.
All other essential information is available in our care plans to ensure good continuity of care and for use in emergencies.
We develop all of our care plans in collaboration with our clients, their relatives, advocates, and support workers. This ensures that they are very much involved in decisions regarding their care and is reflected in our service ethos, management, policies, and care practice.
At the point of an initial care needs assessment, we would establish any specific communication needs or preferences.
We ensure this is well documented and embedded into an individual’s care plan.
This information is shared actively and consistently with all those involved in the individuals care and support.
Effective communication between our care delivery team and our clients is our top priority. This plays a large part in our ability to perform to the highest standard and achieve positive outcomes for people.
Care Staff at Harrington Homecare
All staff are DBS checked and are required to go through specific communication skills training to give you complete peace of mind.
They are taught the dynamics of interpersonal relationships to promote effective communication between our staff and our clients.
Many of our clients have difficulties in understanding information provided because of language barriers, physical conditions (such as brain damage) or age.
Through the training we provide we equip our staff with the necessary skills and resources to aid communication and understanding.
Importance of Communication
Communication helps us build relationships by allowing us to share our experiences and needs and helps us connect to others.
It is the essence of life, allowing us to express feelings, pass on information, share thoughts, and wishes.
Here at Harrington Homecare, we make sure we meet the Accessible Information Standard by establishing ways in which we can effectively communicate with the people who use our service.
You can call us between 08:30 and 17:00, Monday to Friday.