Caring for dementia care clients in their homes is often an overlooked alternative when considering care options, yet it is a viable and the preferred choice for most people with dementia when compared to moving into a care home.
Why choose Harrington Homecare?
Harrington Homecare is a recently established company. However, our team has been providing the highest standards of home care for dementia patients and the elderly for over 25 years.
We passionately believe that with the right professional care and support in place we can measurably improve the quality of life and wellbeing for those living with a form of dementia.
A recent survey carried out by the Alzheimer’s society found that if diagnosed with dementia, 85% of people would like to remain in their own homes for as long as possible, and our team of highly trained care professionals can help to make this possible.
In our experience most people with dementia will eventually need specialist dementia care. This is when you need the reassurance of a care provider with the experience and dedicated team to be able to meet those specific needs.
Caring for dementia clients in their homes is often an overlooked alternative when considering care options. However, it is a viable and the preferred choice for most people with dementia when compared to moving into a care home.
This is where Harrington Homecare comes in, with our deeply understanding team of care professionals. Our aims are to deliver dignified and respectful care for your family, giving you the peace of mind that your loved ones are in the safest pair of hands.
We are proud to be a part of the Dementia Friends initiative and provide all our care professionals with specialist training in line with the Alzheimer’s Society.
What does Harrington Homecare’s Dementia Care include?
- A Care Delivery team whom you can trust to provide expert support. This will enable your loved one to lead a full and enriched life within the comfort and familiarity of their own home.
- Support with personal care, such as bathing, foot care, oral care, and undressing / dressing
- Continence, Catheter and Stoma care
- Management of all mobility issues
- Assistance with household and light domestic tasks
- Preparation of nutritious and well-balanced meals and fluids
- Support where required with feeding
- Transport and accompaniment to medical appointments
- Support with accessing the local community for shopping, outings and attendance of social groups or places of worship
- Support and management of client medication
- Heartfelt companionship
- Pet care
- Access to our friends and family app to enable transparency of our care
- Peace of mind knowing that Harrington Homecare will put your loved one at the heart of everything we do